Top U.S. ENT hospitals named
U.S. News & World Report has released its 2009-2010 “America’s Best Hospitals” list, which includes hospitals ranked by specific specialties. Rankings are determined by a hospital’s reputation among board-certified specialists, death rate, factors that affect quality of care, and patient safety record.
The top 10 hospitals for the Ear, Nose & Throat specialty are:
1. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
2. University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
3. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City
4. UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
5. Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston
6. Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
7. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
8. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
9. Cleveland Clinic
10. Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, St. Louis
The complete list of the 50 top ENT hospitals can be found on U.S. News & World Report’s Web site at http://health.usnews.com/health/best-hospitals/ear-nose-and-throat-hospital-rankings/ .